mandag den 29. september 2008

Mondays

I usually cannot find much good about mondays, because I am simply too tired.So all day long I have been wondering what to write here today. And I have decided to make a new tradition: Recipe Mondays. And today I think I will put up the recipe I use for the Lemon Curd I mentioned in an earlier post.

Lemon Curd

110 grams of butter cut into chunks
4 eggs lightly beaten
450 grams of caster sugar
100 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
the peel of the lemons you used to make the juice

What I do is:
squeeze lemon and grate the rind
put in a pot with the sugar and the butter and beaten eggs
mix all together in a pot.

then I put the pot over on a low heat and STIR CONTINUALLY until the mixture thickens and will coat the back of a wooden spoon.

MAKE SURE THE MIXTURE DOES NOT BOIL!

when the mixture is thick enough let it cool down slightly before pouring into clean jars. I usually let them cool down for 15 minutes before screwing the lid completely on and then I put one jar in the fridge and the rest in the freezer.

I will try to eat the open jar within a week if it gets much older than that I will discard it. Some recipes say it will last a week others say a minimum of two. Enjoy.

Most recipes call for this to be made in a bowl over boiling water, but I could never make it thicken enough so I started making it directly in the pot. It works for me, but you really have to stir it all the time or it will form small clumps of egg, which will require you to strain the curd before you pour it into jars.

So happy monday all!

Trine

Ingen kommentarer: